Managed Hosting / HedgeDoc Managed Application Services (Hosting)
The web-based pad HedgeDoc focuses on real-time collaboration for editing documents within groups or teams. Using HedgeDoc, registered users can create notes. The easy to learn MarkDown syntax is used.
HedgeDoc (formerly CodiMD) finds various applications in the company (e.g. protocols, idea collection, drafting of documentation etc.). It can also be integrated into other tools. For example, there is a connection to the ticket system Redmine. We enable the application on an own server or offer the service in our Cloud Service.
Our HedgeDoc Managed Application Services
For the best possible, safe and error-free operation, we proactively take over the regular care and maintenance of your HedgeDoc application. Update management, security updates, backups, monitoring, technical support.
You decide whether this happens on your own server (InHouse) or on our server (Cloud).
- Savings of internal resources and relief of the own IT department
- Reduction of administrative burden and administrative barriers
- Fixed, calculable monthly costs
- Always up-to-date, secure, high-performance application
- 24/7 monitoring (availability and performance)
- Optimal integration with other applications (e.g. Redmine)
HedgeDoc (InHouse Server)You want to run HedgeDoc on your own server at your company or at a hoster of your choice? Then our InHouse-Operation Package is the right choice for you.
Advantages Managed Hosting InHouse
- Increased data security: data is stored in your own infrastructure
- Stepless control over hardware limits
- No limitation (e.g. number of accesses, data volumes, users etc.)
- Monthly budget is within a manageable range
- Saving internal resources. Relief of the own IT department
A regularly maintained server usually runs more stable and secure. However, in many companies, the time to carry out these important maintenance tasks regularly and, above all, in a prompt way usually fails. We take over this service for you.
It's very simple
You allocate us a Linux server instance:
- physical server or virtual instance
- this is located either in your company or in an external data center of your choice
With our operating package we ensure that:
- HedgeDoc runs stable and performant on your own server
- and the costs are within the range that can be planned.
We take over for you
- Professional installation and setup, as well as operational provision of the HedgeDoc Application on the server
- Implementation and maintenance of the update management for the underlying Linux operating system, HedgeDoc instance
- Automatic, real-time security updates of the operating system and HedgeDoc during operation.
- Backup creation, Operation and fault clearance
- Provision of management access (administrator authorization for HedgeDoc)
- Support and individual services (remote)
Technical support regarding the care of the server environment (in case of malfunctions and failures) are usually included in the monthly package price. Not included are development services, consulting, user support or other (configuration) services that go beyond the technical support of the server. As well as post installation / activation of additional functionality, AddOns, Plugins, Libraries etc. Extra costs are charged for these services. A claim to support services in this context does not exist.
The operation of additional software that requires root permission for installation or operation is fundamentally not possible.
HedgeDoc (Cloud Server)
A cloud solution is an option for you if the server does not have to be located at your company. Benefit directly from our reliable and powerful cloud services.
Depending on your needs and requirements, we have different packages on offer.
Pricing Managed Hosting
With our hosting offer it is possible to use HedgeDoc as extension for the ticket system Redmine.
|Redmine||Own Server||Our Cloud packages||Operation package||InHouse||Hosting R30||Hosting R60||Hosting R100|
|Monthly fee (payable in advance by bank transfer or Paypal)||195,00 EUR|
30 GB Storage
60 GB Storage
100 GB Storage
|Memory||¹)||4 GB||4 GB||8 GB|
|Server location: Germany, Customer data is stored: in Germany||¹)||✓||✓||✓|
|Redmine v5.x (Multilingual), no software limitations||¹)||✓||✓||✓|
|Unlimited number of projects||¹)||✓||✓||✓|
|Unlimited number of users||¹)||✓||✓||✓|
|API request limitations||¹)||✓||✓||✓|
|Own IP address||¹)||✓|
|Own SMTP server usable||¹)||✓|
|Own domain possible||¹)||✓|
|Two Factor Authentication (2FA)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Updates (system, Redmine, plug-ins)||automatic||automatic||automatic||automatic|
|Setup fee, one-time (support by us mandatory)||from 700,00 EUR||none||none||none||Redmine standard functions|
|Project management, Issue tracking (tasks), Spent time (on issues), Document management, Wiki, News, Discussion forum, Rights and roles management, Issue workflows, Calendar, Gantt-Diagram, Activity log, E-Mail notifications, API, Custom fields, Issue import via CSV||Power-Ups (additonal features)||InHouse||Hosting R30||Hosting R60||Hosting R100|
|Redmine Automation: setup automation rules to reduce errors, optimize processes, help focusing on solving important stuff. Own SMTP-Server necessary (InHouse & Hosting R100).||✓||-||-||✓|
|Redmine ServiceDesk: Handle support requests in a single location and respond faster (available from 01/2022). Own SMTP-Server necessary (InHouse & Hosting R100).||✓||-||-||✓|
|Redmine DB: Digital Asset Management and excel replacement for project relevant information||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Redmine DevOps: Redmine as Information Hub for DevOp teams||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Redmine Passwords: Team password management for sensible data||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Redmine Reporting: Better usability, graphs, reports (PDF, CSV), analysis, SLAs, etc||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Redmine HRM: Resource and attendance management (e.g. holidays) for project teams||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Redmine Wiki Guide: Extended Wiki functionality (Self-Service optimization)||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Free of charge 30-day-access to our eLearning offer|
Redmine online course (EN) to get to know Redmine better.
|-||✓||✓||✓||Tree donation 2022: Planting trees for a better climate|
|We are happy about every subscription you make and donate 1 tree.||-||✓||✓||✓||Optional services (chargeable)²|
|Additional plugins (Third-Party vendor, community), monthly fee*||+ 10,- € Extra charge to the selected package / plugin|
|Additional test installation, monthly fee³||+ 119,- € Extra charge to the selected package|
|Inclusive HedgeDoc Pad, monthly fee||+ 50,- € Extra charge to the selected package|
|Inclusive Rocket.Chat, monthly fee||+ 50,- € Extra charge to the selected package|
|Redmine Theme with Corporate Branding|
(Logo, Header, Footer)
|Data migration from previous Redmine system||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Switch of MySQL data into PostreSQL||✓||✓||✓||✓|
¹) InHouse: Support for the open source applications is provided by us. Provision of the server (Linux) is done by the customer. Here there are no restrictions in terms of performance, hardware, resources, location.
Cloud: the open source applications are provided by us (our server). Root access not possible. Our servers are located at a leading Data Center from Germany (Bavaria). The data center park is equipped with state-of-the-art security technology (24/7 monitoring, access controls), has a modern early fire detection system, redundant UV systems and is fully air-conditioned.
The customer receives an administrator account for further administration of its application and users. Customer is responsible for the activities of all its End Users and the way End Users use data, even if those End Users are not from the Customer's organization or domain.
Security: Data transfer and access to the server is encrypted (SSL). Access via SSH and HTTPS possible. Access URL via SSL (https://) using a Let's Encrypt certificate. Applies to Redmine, Nextcloud, Matomo, Rocket.Chat, HedgeDoc.
Backups (Cloud): Q: How often? Backups are saved encrypted. Once a day all data (files/uploads from Redmine and database). A snapshot of the database is also taken every 4 hours.
Q: Which versions are kept? Completely, we use BorgBackup for this. It is always necessary to restore a complete backup. It is not possible to restore a single issue, a single wiki page or a single issue file, nor is it possible due to the Redmine architecture.
Q: For how long? The last two days / one of the last week / one of last month.
Q: How to restore backups? It's part of our job to restore it for your, if you need a backup to be restored.
Pricing: Exclusively sold to business customers. All prices are net prices and may be subject to German sales tax. If you order our products outside of Germany, other sales tax rates may apply. When the hosting contract is terminated, the plugin usage right for provided, commercial AlphaNodes Redmine plugins automatically expires. In this case, an annual license with fees must be used if the plugin is to be used independently of the hosting.
Footnotes: ²) For optional services additional costs will be charged. Let us make you an individual offer.
³) For each production environment (as described above) we also offer the setup and support of a Redming test environment. This can be used e.g. for data modeling, performance tests and plugin tests. This involves one-time costs for setup and system configuration. The monthly usage / support fees include: the maintenance of Redmine and the plugins as on the productive environment, as well as the adjustments / maintenance of data synchronization. The below conditions also apply here.
*) If the customer wishes to use additional plugins on the system, which are not provided by us by default, a monthly extra charge will be made for their inclusion in the monthly application maintenance (check / installation of available updates, compatibility check). Important: Requirement is both, a valid license on the part of the customer (for commercial third-party plugins), as well as compatibility with other plugins / the Redmine system provided. We reserve the right to refuse a plugin request, as soon as the security and stability, the compatibility or the regular update process is hindered. For the integration / uninstallation during operation there are additional setup costs per plugin.
Conditions (InHouse and Cloud)
- All pricing in EUR and net. Monthly billing in advance, only.
- Minimum period: 1 month. Can be cancelled 2 weeks before the end of the service period.
- E-mail support: Acceptance of error messages, technical support requests, other activities exclusively via the customer area
- Troubleshooting, answering support requests according to the "Best Effort" principle within our service hours
- Service hours: Mon - Fri from 9:00 to 17:00 (CET/CEST) with the exception of public holidays (BY, D)
Additional setup conditions (InHouse)
- Down payment for customers outside Germany: When the final order is placed, a down payment of 100% of the ordered positions is due. The customer will receive an invoice with concrete payment information. To be paid by the customer to us before the start of work (via PayPal or bank transfer to german bank account). The remaining amount (for other services, development etc.) is then payable on completion of the work in accordance with the term of payment from our final invoice.