The Redmine HRM Plugin is a solution for working time recording and personnel allocation planning in global enterprises working with (remote) project teams.
Definition: Absence calendar
An absence calendar is a tool for the personnel department, team leaders and executives. Based on the absences entered by a Redmine user, it provides authorized users with an overview of planned absences for a selected period of time (e.g. current month, next month).
The integrated Absence calendar of the HRM Plugin gives employees in the personnel department or superiors with appropriate authorisation an insight into the registered absences of their team.
The calendar lists different absences (leave types) of all employees.
The HRM plugin adapts individually to the requirements of the company. In the plug-in configuration section “Attendance types” it is up to you to define which attendances and absences are managed.
The absence calendar lists all attendances of the Leave type Absence. Actual attendances are excluded here. Various filters and options allow you as user to display the absence information, which is currently relevant to you.
That’s how it works
- you enter planned holidays (non-working days) for the current / coming year.
- your employees book your attendances/absences using Redmine HRM Plugin booking function.
- The absences entered are visible in the absence calendar of the HRM area for users with the appropriate authorization.
- If required, the absences entered can be filtered and exported for further use in external tools.
Who has access to the absence calender?
The absence calendar is a feature for simple and accurate employee absence tracking. Only employees with appropirate permission (due to their job activity) should have access to those detailed and and sometimes very personal information. Usually this are employee of the HR department and / or superiors.
Because the information displayed here are in general:
- Vacation days
- Business trips
- Conference attendances
- Unpaid leaves
- Sick days
- And more
For that reason access to the absence calendar is limited to user types with the HRM permission:
- View HRM
And this permission should not be given to a regular team member. For those internal user types, the personal Calendar in the user profile should be sufficient to display their own tracked absence.
- Absences can be managed online. The absence calendar can also be viewed from anywhere. The tool is therefore just as suitable for use in the home office as it is on-site in the office.
- The absence calendar provides employees with HRM authorization with an overview of the absences entered for all employees.
- Entered absences can be exported in ICS format.
- Different user filters (for example, superior, user type, group, and so on) allow you to restrict the contents in the absence calendar to the information, relevant for you.
Advantages Redmine HRM Absence Calendar
The Redmine HRM Plugin extends your Redmine installation with the resource planning functionality. Some advantages you get when using the Absence Calendar are:
|Absence calendar / Holiday calendar||Redmine basic||HRM plugin|
|Display absence entries (Vacation, illness, parental absences)||-|
|Using various filter options for better overview||-|
|Clear (colored) view of the entries per absence type||-|
|Tool tips and symbols presenting additonal information||-|
|ICS format export||-|
Test HRM function for Redmine
The HRM Plugin is an extension of the Redmine Reporting Plugin. It is available as Bundle. Use our online demo to get to know the HRM functionality and how easy it is to identify overdue issues while working with it.