Redmine Products / Redmine Dashboard Guide
Many applications use dashboards to highlight information that is important to users. The Additionals plugin for Redmine available on GitHub provides a useful dashboard feature since v3.0.0. It allows you to add variable content to the traditional Redmine main page as well as the project overview pages.
Combine data from various sources inside Redmine in one page
So called Dashboard Blocks help to customize the pages to your needs. The goal is to give the viewer an overview of the metrics that are important to him / her. In our guide on dashboards you can learn everything about the use of the dashboard function.
All about Redmine Dashboards
The free plugin available on GitHub provides the basic functionality for using dashboards in Redmine.
Information on the use of dashboards in Redmine. The documentation is available in EN.
Dashboards for Redmine
Online training: Get to know the new Dashboard function of the Additionals Plugin.
Redmine Plugins Dashboard Usage
Online training: The Dashboard function is supported by the AlphaNodes plugins DB, Reporting, Passwords and HRM.
Blog: Flexible dashboard support for Redmine
The Dashboard functionality, popular in many software products, is now also available for Redmine.
Use Case: Redmine Dashboard für Agile Teams
Learn how agile teams profit from it when using Redmine Reporting Plugin.
Advantages of Dashboard usage in Redmine
- Save time on manually collect data. Instead of sitting around and updating excel sheets get all important data (already stored in Redmine) automatically in a Redmine dashboard.
- Make data easily accessible. Create a dashboard of your own to get information out of it in order to make fast decisions. Very important to companies and startups that need to move on very fast.
- Dashboards in Redmine are flexible, sharable and cheep. If you are already using Redmine use the Dashboard function coming along with our products. Not every company is able to spent a lot of money on an external dashboard tools every month.
General Dashboard Features
All our commercial AlphaNodes Plugins (DB, Reporting, Passwords, HRM) support dashboards and offer additional dashboard blocks to modify the Redmine dashboard pages. Explore some general features of our plugin dashboard support.
Drag & Drop
Setup your dashboard content for the Redmine Home page or the project overview pages via Drag & Drop.
Flexible layout options
You have 4 areas where you can place your content. Choose between one-column or two-column layouts or mix them.
Various content blocks
The number of dashboard blocks varies. Depending the installed plugins, that support the function.
Next to the system default you can create personal dashboards according to your needs as many as you want.
Create dashboards and share them with a specific user role. Or create one for a specific user and assign it to this person, afterwards.
Dashboard are as flexible as possible and present your real time data.
The dashboard function of the Additionals plugin for Redmine is supported by our tools and allows you to track progress and discover insights on your projects in one place and in real-time. Which is useful for:
- Business teams
- Sales and Marketing teams
- Development teams
- HR teams and Onboarding teams
- Project Management and Team leads
- Stakeholders and decision makers